Since our economy imploded, much has been said and implied about the education and integrity of MBA grads. Criticism about the lack of preparedness and the unscrupulousness of MBAs led Ivy League business schools to ask their MBA candidates to sign ethics pledges. MBA grads, a generally downturn-resistant crew, now join their State U. counterparts on the soup line. While many business schools are revamping their MBA programs to create shorter, more flexible, and less expensive programs, one school has come up with a novel approach to preparing MBA candidates for the workplace: Partner with a company to design the curriculum, and train and educate the MBA candidate.
The University of Memphis Fogelman College of Business, in partnership with “Memphis-based Corporate Partners”, is now offering a Customer-Driven MBA program. The University’s program is the nation’s only full-time Corporate Sponsored MBA program designed to emphasize specific industry needs, offer on-the-job training, and a full-time job upon successful completion of the MBA degree. Sound too good to be true? It’s not. The University of Memphis’ Customer-Driven MBA is an innovative model that may be just what employers and job-seekers need. Employers get to test, hire and train future employees with specific, industry-related curriculum, thereby reducing the learning curve and increasing productivity–all at a relatively low cost (tuition and stipend is recovered during assistantships). Students get some pretty amazing benefits as well.
How Students Benefit From the Customer-Driven MBA:
- 100% Company-paid tuition
- 21 months of hands-on field experience gained via assistantship with corporate partner (10 hours per week during spring and fall semesters)
- Full-time summer employment between years one and two of the MBA program
- Guaranteed full-time employment upon completion of the program
- AACSB accredited MBA curriculum will encompass business core courses as well as courses on developing essential skills in law, governance and ethics; emotional intelligence, teamwork, leadership; and, critical thinking, creativity, innovation and problem solving.
- Opportunity to choose a specific industry track from curriculum developed by top companies in the Biomedical, Entrepreneurship, Retail and Logistics Marketing industries.
Current partners include Smith & Nephew, Medtronic, FedEx, Baptist Memorial Health Care, Wright, and AutoZone. FedEx is currently recruiting FedEx Scholars. FedEx will sponsor candidates with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of full-time Marketing experience
- Willingness to relocate to Memphis, TN
- Minimum 3.0 GPA & GMAT scores and/or post-graduate education will be considered.
Get more information on the Customer-Driven MBA and FedEx Scholars.