Posted on | April 1, 2010 | No Comments
According to the Conference Board, there are currently 3,927,000 jobs posted online now. That’s down slightly from last month, but still means there is one job for every four employed people. There is a wide variety of jobs posted online, and some clear trends in the kinds of jobs currently available. For instance, demand for healthcare practitioners and technical occupations and for management positions was up in March (88,100 and 21,600, respectively), while demand for office and administrative support was down by 47,600 jobs. The gain in healthcare jobs represents increased demand for occupational and physical therapists, registered nurses and speech pathologists. The gain in demand for management jobs represents increased demand for computer and information systems managers, storage and distribution managers and sales managers.
But, that’s only part of the story. To understand the full picture, you’ll need to know which occupational groups have the largest numbers of jobs posted online. So here they are.
TOP 10 Jobs Posted Online
(# of jobs posted online now)
- Healthcare practitioners and technical (627,300)
- Computer and mathematical science (510,100)
- Management (509,600)
- Sales and related (467,500)
- Office and administrative support (376,100)
- Business and financial operations (200,300)
- Architecture and engineering (137,600)
- Healthcare support (125,400)
- Transportation and material moving (109,000)
- Arts, design, entertainment, sports, media (102,300)